Software Quality Analyst
At XCO, we are obsessed with producing actionable data for health, sports and fitness on a global scale – and our team of scientists, engineers and product innovators have created an exceptional, exciting product development environment to work in.
In this role you will be helping us build and evolve a world-beating suite of client applications for our flagship BioAnalytics™, consisting of an ultrawideband-based IoT system able to analyze patient/athlete movements, a cutting edge HealthPatch for biometric monitoring and a robust set of software based cognitive assessments.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
We are looking for a talented Software Quality Analyst to evaluate our hardware, software and end-product to ensure they are free of defects and meet the quality standards of the organization and our customers. You will be responsible for developing and supporting the planning, design, and execution of test plans, test scripts, and process plans for our systems. The successful candidate will work closely with test subjects, customers, contract manufacturers and various departments to perform and validate test cases based on quality requirements, and recommend changes to predetermined quality guidelines. You will be responsible for ensuring the end product meets our quality standards, is fully functional and user-friendly.
Skills and experience:
- A Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems or from another STEM field with excellent technical skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong computer skills and knowledge of QA databases and applications
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong attention to detail and track record of problem-solving
- Assure accuracy of programs and software prior to production
Nice to have:
- Knowledge of hardware manufacturing and quality controls
- Knowledge of networking protocols, IP networking, Wifi, Bluetooth, BLE,
- Experience in conducting regular software audits and code reviews
- Knowledge of quality standards, auditing and inventory tracking
- Understanding of human physiology and biomechanics
- Customer service experience including use of customer relationship management (CRM) tools
In this role you will work within an agile, cross-functional team that includes hardware, software, product, UX and design.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Develop, perform and document quality test processes
- Conduct regular software audits
- Maintain working knowledge of quality standards
- Develop and perform quality test processes
- Make recommendations for repairing defects
- Maintenance, creation, review and refinement of user experience documents
- Complete professional development to ensure that testing strategies are current
- Provide technical support to customers for early stage products
- Monitor internal control systems
- Consult current literature to better investigate usability and software/hardware malfunctions
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
Remuneration includes a salary and benefits based on experience. The position is based at XCO headquarters in Penticton, BC. A remote work environment can be provided for strong and experienced candidates.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
At XCO, we value diversity in our team and encourage all qualified candidates to apply. We appreciate all responses and advise that only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with Software Quality Analyst in the subject line. In your cover letter, outline why you would be a good fit, and pertinent information as to relocation or remote working.