Information automatically collected
2. Non-Personal Information - As is typical with many other Internet sites, the Website automatically collects certain non-personal information regarding users, such as the date and time you access the Website, your IP address, the URL from which you linked to the Website, the operating system you are using, the Website pages read and images viewed, and any content you post to the Website. This non-personal information is used for Website and system administration purposes. Non-personal information may be disclosed to others and permanently archived for future use.
3. Cookies - The Website uses "cookies," a technology that stores a small amount of information on a user's computer to permit the Website to recognize future visits using that computer. Cookies enhance the convenience and use of the Website. For example, the information provided through cookies is used to recognize you as a previous user of the Website (so you do not have to enter your personal information every time), offer personalized content and information for your use and otherwise facilitate your Website experience.
Personal information you specifically provide
4. Your Personal Information - During your use of the Website, you may be asked to voluntarily provide personal information (such as your name, e-mail address, and address) for communications with you. If you choose not to provide certain requested personal information, you may not be able to use certain features of the Website.
5. Use of Your Personal Information - XCO may use your personal information to contact and correspond with you, respond to your communications, provide services to you, facilitate and enhance your use of the Website, and as otherwise permitted by law. Additionally, XCO may keep a record of all communications with you.
XCO uses third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit its Website. These companies may use information (not including your name, address, email address or telephone number) about your search queries and visits to the Website and other websites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having this information used by these companies, click here.
You should be aware that if you voluntarily disclose information online (whether through XCO's services or any other service available online), personal or otherwise, that information can be collected and used by others. For example, if you use forums or if you post personal information online, you may receive unsolicited messages from others. XCO has no control over this use of your personal information.
XCO allows its users to send articles or links by email to other parties who may be interested in them. XCO does not retain any email addresses of either the sender or recipient of such articles or links after they are sent.
6. E-mails from XCO - If you register as a XCO member, then XCO may send to you, from time to time, e-mail or other communications containing information about XCO and other matters that XCO believes will interest you. At any time you may ask XCO to stop sending you e-mail by sending your request by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Also, each e-mail XCO sends to you will tell you how to decline further unsolicited e-mail.
7. Disclosure of Your Personal Information - XCO may disclose your personal information in the following circumstances and as otherwise permitted by applicable law:
8. Depersonalized Information - XCO may use personal information to create non-personal information regarding the use of the Website and related services. XCO may then disclose that non-personal information to other persons and permanently archive that non-personal information for future use.
10. Location of Information - XCO will store and process your personal information in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.
11. Securing Your Information - To help protect the confidentiality of your personal information, XCO employs reasonable security safeguards appropriate to the sensitivity of the information. Nevertheless, security risks cannot be eliminated and XCO cannot guarantee that your personal information will not be used or disclosed in ways not otherwise described in this Policy.
12. Accessing Your Personal Information - You may request access to your personal information and information about XCO's collection, use and disclosure of that information by sending your request by e-mail to email@example.com. Subject to certain exceptions prescribed by law, you will be given reasonable access to your personal information within a reasonable time, and to amend it as appropriate. XCO attempts to keep its records as accurate and complete as possible.
13. Other Websites - The Website may contain links to other sites or internet resources. When you click on one of those links you are contacting another website. XCO has no responsibility or liability for or control over those other websites or their collection, use and disclosure of your personal information.